Thursday, August 29, 2019

Panda Stix Coconut Bowls and Spoons

Hey everyone, happy Thursday! 

If you use Instagram or Pinterest, I'm sure you've probably seen lots of bohemian style foodie pictures of buddha bowls, smoothie bowls etc in bowls made from bamboo/coconut shells. I am always in awe when I see pictures using these bowls so I had to purchase some myself as I'm interested in getting into food photography and I just think they make meals look so much nicer and they're eco friendly!



I purchased this set of 2 coconut bowls and spoons from Amazon for £16.99 (there are cheaper and more pricier alternatives.) These bowls are made from 100% real coconuts that have been reclaimed after being discarded as waste. Each year, millions of coconut shells are discarded and burnt which is a complete waste of natural resource and their combustion is responsible for the release of a significant amount of CO2 and methane in the atmosphere. I just think it's amazing that people have thought of the idea to reuse and recycle coconut shells to prevent so much unnecessary waste and damage to the earth.


They have been naturally polished with organic coconut oil, they're durable and lightweight, vegan friendly and perfect for serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in. As they are quite delicate, they aren't recommended for microwave, oven or refrigerator use and they need to be hand washed in warm water as they aren't dishwater safe. Each individual coconut bowl varies in size and colour due to being naturally made, this makes it such a quirky addition to your kitchenware.


The spoons are hand made from reclaimed wood in Vietnam and each spoon is made from offcuts from furniture craftsmen in an effort to reduce waste. Panda Stix say that they will donate a proportion from every product sold to plant trees in Africa, Asia, North America and Latin America for the restoration of the plant which is so awesome and one of the reasons I decided to purchase from them over other companies. I absolutely love them and I can't wait to get more creative with my food!


Thankyou so much for reading :)

What are your favourite Buddha bowl/smoothie bowl concoctions? 

xx

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!!! And that makeup melting butter looks decadent��

    Look forward to seeing your new blogs ..I'm in the US so I'll have to check out the availability but it looks good! ��

    ReplyDelete

@taurusvegan