Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Drunk Elephant Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter

Hey everyone!

For my first blog post I thought I’d write a little review on the newest product addition to my skincare regime. I had been on the lookout for a new cleanser for a while before I came across this one on Cult Beauty. I’ll be honest, the quirky name really caught my eye..  I love elephants!

 I’ve never seen a drunk one before though haha. The packaging is also amazing, I love the black and white design against the bright green colour, it’s really eye catching and stands out amongst the other products I have on my bathroom shelf. This product retails at £29 and the Drunk Elephant brand is cruelty free, however, not all of their products are vegan - this one is though. You can find a list of their current vegan products here. The Drunk Elephant brand was founded by Tiffany Masterson who wanted a clean break from toxins and the ‘Suspicious 6’ (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical screens, fragrance/dyes and SLSs.)



The Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter is an oil to milk cleanser designed for dry skin. You get 110g of product (a little goes a long way.) It also comes with a little green spatula for scooping out the product and it’s also magnetic so it attaches to the lid which means there's less chance of you losing it - I'm always losing things so this is a super handy and clever idea. The product itself is infused with clean, antioxidant rich fruit extracts including a kiwi-strawberry seed blend to help soothe the skin while an African oil blend of virgin marula, baobab, Kalahari melon, mongongo and ximenia works together to help moisturise, restore elasticity and give you a gorgeous youthful glow.


Inside the box you also get a 3g tube of ultra-fine bamboo and charcoal spheres (perfect for exfoliating dead skin cells) I use this 2-3 times a week mixed in with the cleansing butter. My skin always feels baby soft and super fresh after I’ve cleansed using this product and I also look more glowing.  The butter literally melts away my makeup, even waterproof mascara, it’s like magic!

I’m so happy I chose this as my new cleanser and I would 1000% recommend it! 


Ingredients list (copied from Cult Beauty)


Slaai Makeup Melting Butter Cleanser:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Lauryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-3 Laurate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Glycerin
Bamboo Booster:
bambusa arundinacea stem extract, charcoal powder, microcrystalline cellulose, mannitol, zea mays (corn) starch, potassium sorbate


Thankyou so much for reading! :)

What are your favourite skincare products?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

@taurusvegan